Bringing you the "Good News" of Jesus Christ and His Church While PROMOTING CATHOLIC Apologetic Support groups loyal to the Holy Father and Church's magisterium
Home About
What's New? Resources The Church Family Life Mass and
Ask A Catholic
Knowledge base
AskACatholic Disclaimer
Search the
AskACatholic Database
Donate and
Support our work
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
New Questions
Cool Catholic Videos
About Saints
Disciplines & Practices for distinct Church seasons
Purgatory and Indulgences
About the Holy Mass
About Mary
Searching and Confused
Contemplating becoming a Catholic or Coming home
Homosexual and Gender Issues
Life and Family
No Salvation Outside the Church
Sacred Scripture
non-Catholic Cults
Justification and Salvation
The Pope and Papacy
The Sacraments
Relationships and Marriage situations
Specific people, organizations and events
Doctrine and Teachings
Specific Practices
Church Internals
Church History

Paula wrote:

Hi, guys —

My husband and I know that using contraception is a sin so we are using the rhythm method to try to avoid getting pregnant. I can't get pregnant for a year and a half because I recently had a baby by C section, otherwise we have committed ourselves to accepting any children God blesses us with, so this wasn't an issue before.

I guess the reason behind it doesn't matter. What I really want to know is:

  • Within marriage, is it okay for him to complete the act in other ways such as oral sex?
  • Or, is it a sin if it isn't completed in the conventional way?
  • Also, is the pull out method a sin too?

I just feel terrible that I can't give him what he needs more because we have to be so careful. We have been married just over a year and I'm also afraid that not being able to have sex very often will affect our marriage because of lack of intimacy (and I have needs too). I don't want to get him aroused if he can't have the release, nor do I want to live our marriage in sin. I'm honestly too embarrassed to ask our priest and I wouldn't know how to word it if I did.


  { Within marriage is it okay for him to complete the marital act, in other ways, such as oral sex? }

Paul replied:

Dear Paula,

Male ejaculation must occur in the vagina.

Anywhere else is a violation of natural law and is a matter of mortal sin. Otherwise, it is not a completed marital act, but a perverted one.

Sometimes the greatest need we have is the need for self control.



Please report any and all typos or grammatical errors.
Suggestions for this web page and the web site can be sent to Mike Humphrey
© 2012 Panoramic Sites
The Early Church Fathers Church Fathers on the Primacy of Peter. The Early Church Fathers on the Catholic Church and the term Catholic. The Early Church Fathers on the importance of the Roman Catholic Church centered in Rome.