Bringing you the "Good News" of Jesus Christ and His Church While PROMOTING CATHOLIC Apologetic Support groups loyal to the Holy Father and Church's magisterium
Home About
What's New? Resources The Church Family Life Mass and
Ask A Catholic
Knowledge base
AskACatholic Disclaimer
Search the
AskACatholic Database
Donate and
Support our work
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
New Questions
Cool Catholic Videos
About Saints
Disciplines & Practices for distinct Church seasons
Purgatory and Indulgences
About the Holy Mass
About Mary
Searching and Confused
Contemplating becoming a Catholic or Coming home
Homosexual and Gender Issues
Life and Family
No Salvation Outside the Church
Sacred Scripture
non-Catholic Cults
Justification and Salvation
The Pope and Papacy
The Sacraments
Relationships and Marriage situations
Specific people, organizations and events
Doctrine and Teachings
Specific Practices
Church Internals
Church History

Maria Manohara Raj T wrote:

Hi, guys —

  • How to get the grievances against His Grace Archbishop Peter Fernando of Madurai (of India) redressed?
  • How do I address the misbehavior of the parish priest of Kavirayapuram Fr. Xavier of the Archdiocese of Madurai (of India)?


  { How to get the grievances against this Archbishop and the misbehavior of this priest redressed? }

Mike replied:

Hi Maria,

Thanks for the question.

If you believe there is someone or some group undermining your bishop, the best way to redress this issue is to use one of the postal mailing addresses we provide on our web page:

Or find out the postal address for the Papal Nuncio for your country.

The Papal Nuncio is a is an ecclesiastical diplomatic, like an ambassador, usually a cardinal or bishop that represents the Pope for a certain country. He usually lives in that country. The nuncio often ranks above ambassadors in diplomatic protocol.

For example, the Papal Nuncio for the United States is Archbishop Carlos Maria Vigano. He lives in Washington D.C.

The best and ordinary way to address any misbehavior by a pastor or priest is through the local bishop. Because Fr. Xavier is in Archbishop Fernando's diocese, you should first focus on writing to the Holy See or contact the nuncio in order to redress any issues with His Grace Peter Fernando.

Once those issues have been addressed, the behavior of Fr. Xavier can be addressed.

I hope this helps,


Please report any and all typos or grammatical errors.
Suggestions for this web page and the web site can be sent to Mike Humphrey
© 2012 Panoramic Sites
The Early Church Fathers Church Fathers on the Primacy of Peter. The Early Church Fathers on the Catholic Church and the term Catholic. The Early Church Fathers on the importance of the Roman Catholic Church centered in Rome.